What is the scope of a Java developer in India?
Average Salary of a Java Developer
Java is undoubtedly one of the high in-demand and blooming skills nowadays owing to a major drift towards digitalization. The applications and web pages we use, ranging from your streaming site Netflix to your favourite mobile game, are built using Java. The application of Java is wide-ranging and so are the jobs that are associated with it.
This article sheds light on the scope of a Java Developer in India, the average salary of the professionals, and the vertical growth opportunities. To know more, keep reading!
Java — A Brief Look into the Programming Language
Java is a programming language that is basically object-oriented and is utilised for the development of diverse applications, devices, systems, and more. It is essentially the driving force of innovation and cutting-edge technology. The language, Java, works using objects and classes. The objects have their own methods and practices that enable smooth operations and eliminate the need to write every operation. This does not end here, Java has so much to offer.
Who is a Java Developer?
When we say, Java Developer, we are talking about a software professional who uses Java to design, develop, manage, and run the applications. The expert is well-versed with the language and leverages the firm grip over the subject to create some of the amazing applications we use, that are an integral part of our everyday lives.
The expert creates and runs Java code and contributes an indispensable role in the development of an application. From troubleshooting, resolving issues, to ensuring error-less programming, Java Developers ensure effective and efficient development of application and deployment to server.
The demand for Java Developers is at an all-time high and numerous big corporations and MNCs are actively recruiting Java specialists. The wide implementations and the digital era are two of the major reasons. Therefore, being a Java Developer is among the highest-paying professions in recent times.
The Accountabilities of a Java Developer
The underlying structure of Java is dynamic which allows it to modify the code even while running and lets the Developer conduct run-time modification. It ascertains efficiency and increases productivity while minimising errors. However, the roles and responsibilities of a Java Developer aren’t a piece of cake.
Some of the basic expectations from a Java Developer are:
● All-round development of the applications
● Planning and executing the design process for the Java application development
● Writing error-free and duplicable codes
● Staying abreast of the recent trends and market demands
● Testing and troubleshooting the applications while carrying out necessary updates
● Handling the Database Management System
● Overseeing the front-end and back-end integration and many more…
Average Salary of a Java Developer
Java Developer Salary, on an average, is approximately ₹500,000/year. The pay scale is wide-ranging and can lead to ₹1,000,000 per annum for experienced Developers. Owing to the great demand, intricate structure of the applications, the pay scale for Java Developers is huge. However, there are multiple factors affecting the salary of a Java Developer in India. Let us have a glimpse into them.
● Experience: One of the obvious and major deciding factors is experience. It is directly proportional to the salary per annum. More experience translates to more hours spent developing, designing, and executing the applications.
● Location: Based on geographical location, the salary of a Java Developer change. For example, the opportunities and salary of a Java Developer would be much higher in Bangalore, known as the IT Hub of India, than in Bihar. Tier — 1 cities offer higher-paying jobs than small towns.
● Employer/Company: Although it may seem not as evident, the employer or company plays a key role in deciding Java Developer salary. For example, working for a big MNC would provide a higher pay scale than starting your career with a startup. Big Corporations have proper funding and deliver the promise of financial stability for the professionals. On the other hand, startups are growing companies that have lower pay scale. Some of the top companies in India hiring Java Developers are Capgemini, Infosys, TCS, etc.
● Job Role: Another factor is the growth path of your career. As you pave the way upward, the roles and responsibilities expand and so does the salary. The pay is different for each role. For example, a DevOps Engineer would be paid less than a Full-Stack Developer, and the latter less than a Software Director.
How to Become a Java Developer?
Emerging as a proficient Java Developer is not easy. It requires complete determination and passion for the domain. You need to develop technical and soft skills that attract the employer while hiring along with a strong hold over the pulse of the language. Some of the required hard skills are:-
● Object-Oriented Principles
● BDatabase Management Systems such as MySQL
● Spring Framework
● Git and Github and more.
In a Gist
Java is one of the robust and in-demand languages that are required for a large number of Java Developers, especially in a country like India with a booming number of startups and unicorns. The high performance and versatility of Java make it a preferred language by many companies and professionals. There are numerous advantages to becoming a Java Developer. Good salary, in-demand nature, easy learning, and a great variety of tools and libraries are some of them.